Tiger Technology has developed The Tiger Series which is a set of next-generation Shared Storage Workflow Solutions, and includes Tiger Store Shared Workflow Software. It is available in a variety of forms and configurations suitable to rich media and enterprise applications. It is modern software, designed for the latest hardware & components, operating systems, and technologies to offer greater performance, simplicity, stability, and management in Shared Storage Workflows.
Improvements in Tiger Store include:
- Automatic defragmentation and file sequence optimization for superior playback performance
- No more SAN Definition
- Centralised licensing (dynamically assign licenses to clients)
- Support for multi-boot configurations
- Integrated web UI (no more Control Panel and System Preferences)
- No more client configuration
- Extremely simplified Master configuration
All metaSAN users are encouraged to upgrade as they will benefit from increased performance and uptime, and easier management of their setups. Contact sales to upgrade or order today.
metaSAN Life Cycle Announcement
- The metaSAN family of products has reached its end of life. Tiger will update Mac OS X versions in future (if applicable), however no further feature releases are planned.
- Tiger will continue to support metaSAN customers.
- Technical Support for metaSAN is available to customers covered by Tiger Subscription.
- Tiger strongly recommends migrating to the new Tiger Series and is offering special price promotions to existing metaSAN customers.
- Current metaSAN customers covered by the Tiger Subscription program are entitled to no-charge one-to-one Tiger Store upgrades.
- The Tiger Series is compatible with most existing metaSAN configurations and the upgrade process is simple.
- The Tiger Series is supported with Mac, Windows, and Linux clients.
- Contact sales to upgrade or order today.
metaSAN limited availability
Tiger recognizes that it may not be feasible for existing metaSAN users to migrate to the Tiger Series immediately. To ease planning and migration to Tiger Series, metaSAN will remain available with the following conditions:
- metaSAN for Windows environments (Windows metadata controller (MDC))
- New SANs are available to purchase until September 30th, 2014 (2014.09.30)
- Additional seats for existing SANs are available to purchase until December 31st, 2014 (2014.12.31)
- Technical Support is available to Subscription Customers until December 31st 2016 (2016.12.31)
- only these Windows Operating Systems are supported:
- Microsoft Windows XP (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 (32 and 64-bit)
- NO NEW WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS WILL BE SUPPORTED
- metaSAN for Apple OS environments (Mac OS X metadata controller (MDC))
- is available to purchase until December 31st, 2015 (2015.12.31)
- Technical Support is available to Subscription Customers until December 31st, 2016 (2016.12.31)
- Only These Operating Systems will be supported:
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Snow Leopard Server (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X Lion/Lion Server (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion/Mountain Lion Server (64-bit)
- Mac OS X Mavericks/Mavericks Server (64-bit)
- IF APPLICABLE, RELEASES WILL BE MADE TO SUPPORT MAC OS X UPDATES MADE BEFORE DECEMBER 31st 2015 (2015.12.31)
No new Linux OS will be supported.
Tiger Technology will make best efforts to support current customers using metaSAN, however no further development of any metaSAN version is planned. The only new releases would be for Mac OS X updates should they be announced before December 31st, 2015 (2015.12.31).
Note that in environments with a mix of OS, new installations may be required for client systems. However, NO NEW WINDOWS or LINUX OS will be supported. Certain mixed OS configurations using metaSAN may therefore no longer be supported.