Tiger Spaces 4.7 Now Available for Download
Sofia, Bulgaria — February 2, 2023
The latest version of our flexible project and user management software for Media & Entertainment – Tiger Spaces 4.7, is now available for download. In this release, you will find an updated list of supported systems (including Mac computers with Apple Silicon – M1, M2 chips), improved Active Directory domain integration, as well as a host of fixes and improvements.
What’s New in Tiger Spaces Version 4.7?
- Support for Apple Silicon Computers
You can install and run version 4.7 of the Tiger Spaces client driver on ARM-based Apple Mac computers.
- Support for Windows 11/Server 2022
You can install and run version 4.7 of Tiger Spaces and the Tiger Spaces client driver for Windows on computers running Windows 11/Server 2022.
- Support for macOS Ventura
You can install version 4.7 of the Tiger Spaces client driver on computers running both Intel-based and ARM-based macOS Ventura (64-bit).
- Improved Active Directory Domain Integration
You can now better manage the permissions you grant to workspaces, share workspaces with whole groups of Active Directory domain users (with faster enumeration of users when applying workspace permissions), and more.
- Spaces|MAM Improvements
You can now choose whether to add a workspace to Spaces|MAM when creating or importing it in Tiger Spaces, as well as resync the contents of the workspaces depot with Spaces|MAM choosing to perform the operation for just one workspace or for multiple selected workspaces.
Other updates in Version 4.7 include:
- Workspace name convention changes to prevent issues with mounting workspaces
- Unified workspace mount path on macOS clients
- Support for new Tiger Bridge targets
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2019 on the database server
- No automatic upgrade of the Tiger Spaces client software
- Changing the owner of a workspace
- New location for storing SSL certificates
- Dropped support for macOS X Mavericks and macOS X Yosemite
Fixed Known Issues in Tiger Spaces Version 4.7
- Web Interface Fixes
Version 4.7 resolves several problems that could prevent the web interface of Tiger Spaces from loading. Additionally, this version comes with a host of other fixes in the web interface.
- Tiger Spaces Client Improvements
Version 4.7 comes with a completely reworked Tiger Spaces client software. It offers a much smaller installation footprint on all supported operating systems making the download and installation much faster. The improvements also include a more stable connection to the Tiger Spaces server, and more.
- Improved Support for Active Directory Domain
Version 4.7 improves the interaction between the Tiger Spaces server and the Active Directory domain controller, thus providing faster enumeration of users when applying workspace permissions.
Other fixes in Version 4.7 include:
- Tiger Spaces database improvements
- Tiger Bridge integration fixes
- Support for special characters in the share/workspace name
- Dismounting workspaces from macOS Monterey
- Tiger Spaces server stability fixes
- Improved support for Avid Media Composer
Find more information about this release and instructions how to upgrade to Tiger Spaces Version 4.7 in the Release Notes here.
Upgrades are available through the Tiger Technology licensing server.
Looking to renew your subscription or purchase Tiger Spaces? Contact our Sales team for more information.