Single Namespace for the Cloud
Protect and extend your Windows File Server with cloud storage
Tiger Bridge software-only solution does not require complex cloud storage gateway server or backup appliance. Tiger Bridge expands Windows NTFS file system capabilities with seamless tiering to cloud, NAS/DAS or tape. By optimizing data placement for frequent access, nearline and archive-ready files, Tiger Bridge preserves Active Directory ACLs and ensures data is stored in the right place, at the right time.
Tiger Bridge requires no downtime to deploy and no change to user experience, application or workflow configuration.
HSM Tiering & Synchronization
Tiger Bridge provides a simple administrative console where HSM policies are created to determine when files will be replicated and tiered based on last access time and/or volume capacity. Managed volumes maintain local performance for active files while policies work in the background to replicate, migrate, and tier data between the local volume and cloud, DAS/NAS or tape for backup, archive, capacity management, disaster recovery, or cloud services. Tiered files are replaced with zero-byte stub files in the NTFS file system so petabytes of data can be accessed even from a modest local volume. Stub- files are placeholders that allow applications to function normally, as if the data exists in its original location.
Backup & Archive
Multi-sites File Collaboration
Facilitates Cloud Integration
- Protects and extends your existing Windows servers with cloud’s durability, resilience and pay-as-you-go scalability
- Reduces the cost and complexity of Cloud Storage Gateway and backup applications
- Provides users and applications with seamless access to data, regardless of where it is stored
Protects Data End-to-End
- Preserves native Active Directory / ACLs
- Eliminates intrusion points with direct server-to-cloud migration
- Transfers data to/from cloud using SSL/TSL encryption
Reduces Storage Cost
- Limits the amount of block storage required
- Extends block storage across cloud storage classes (active and inactive)
- Optimizes cloud data placement for frequent access or low cost archive
Enables Global Collaborative Workflows
- Synchronizes specific folders or entire file systems
- Keeps any number of servers and/or workstations in sync
- Enables global updates of shared dataset
Helps Manage Petabytes of Data
- Replicates new files and file updates to cloud automatically
- Frees up space locally by turning inactive data into stub files
- Retrieves data automatically from cloud when stub files are being accessed
Minimizes Recovery Time Objective (RTO)
- Preserves and restores file attributes to/from the cloud
- Restores file system tree-structure ”on-demand” for expedited operational recovery of huge datasets
- Retrieves file content ”on-demand” with prioritized partial restore
Increases Business Agility
- Ensures seamless and fast disaster recovery
- Enables new and scalable collaborative workflows
- Connects with cloud services for analytics, facial recognition, AI, ML, etc.
Expands Your Horizon
- Stores your data in an accessible format – zero lock-in
- Works with on-premises, hybrid and cloud-based workflows
- Supports Cloud, Tape Libraries (LTFS) or DAS/NAS targets
Tiger Bridge extends a local file system into a target storage.Figure 1 shows a regular server with local volume. Figure 2 shows how the local volume can be extended into another volume; an SMB share; a tape library or an object storage (i.e. cloud). Unlike with Tiger Pool where users can access any of the pool member directly, users ALWAYS access the local volume with Tiger Bridge. If the data is not available on the local volume, it is recalled. As such, Tiger Bridge can be used to create a high-speed SSD cache in front of traditional HDD RAID. Figure 3 shows how Tiger Bridge can be used for Data Recovery applications where near-zero downtime is required. While in a standard backup-restore procedure ALL data would need to be restored for the recovery site to be operational. With Tiger Bridge, the recovery site only needs to read metadata to generate stub-files in order to resume operations. Files will get restored as they are accessed. Such an approach takes a fraction of the time of traditional restore.
|Source Volume Requirements:
Tiger Bridge supports any already existing NTFS volume, mounted on the computer running Tiger Bridge as a local volume with Read & Write permissions.
Target Storage Requirements:
Find out how NAVA (National Audiovisual Archive of Hungary) uses Tiger Bridge to maintain fast and transparent access to video material that also needs to be transcoded and streamed from the cloud...
|Tape Libraries and Middleware||Spectra Black Pearl||Qualstar||Media Translation|
|Object and Cloud Storage||Amazon AWS||Microsoft Azure||IBM Cleversafe||Hydrastor|
|Object and Cloud Storage||BackBlaze||Wasabi||Silicon Computers||Media Translation|
... and more!
|DAS/SAN||SANS Digital||Seagate||ATTO RAID||Accusys RAID||LSI RAID by Agavo|
|DAS/SAN||AccelStor||Active Storage||HD Disk||RAID Machine|
... and more!